We invite you to participate in our 2024 Strong StartS for Children fundraiser to invest in our future.
Strong Starts for Children is a fundraising campaign led by Women United to support the Secure Start Expansion program. Through Secure Start, our network of community partners offer parents support and education to help them effectively nurture a bond with their child which is one of the most important factors in a child’s overall health and life success.
To equip more parents and educators with the tools they need to create secure, healthy, and nurturing relationships with children, who are our future! Our 2024 fundraising goal is $25,000. These funds will impact 750 children in Greater New Haven! To meet this goal, we'll need community members, your networks and you!
LIKE TO SET UP A GIVING PAGE?
If you'd like to set up a personalized fundraising page, you can do that on our Strong Starts for Children page here!
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Personal giving (payroll deduction, onetime gifts, and above and beyond gifts);
- Peer to peer fundraising (set up a page to inspire support for this important program)
- Sponsorships from your employer, professional groups, sororities, alumni groups, etc.
- Increase number of Circle of Security groups to 25 cohorts
- Expand audience and participation, including refresher groups and more Spanish language groups
- Continue to remove barriers to participation
THE OUTCOMES WE'RE AIMING FOR
- The proven Circle of Security model can fundamentally change how people parent and care for children, and we want to take it to scale so all children can thrive.
- 750 children surrounded by empowered adults who feel confident in their caregiving
- Reduce stress levels of parents, educators and caregivers through connection, skill-building and increased confidence
Join other women in leadership to take action in Greater New Haven
Passion. Power. Leadership.
Women from across the Greater New Haven community contribute time, energy and financial support to address our community’s most pressing needs. With a focus on literacy, hunger and financial stability, we harness their passion, power and leadership to change the lives of individuals and families in our region.
Join the Movement
years of women volunteering - leading and lending a hand, in-person and virtually
raised by Women United since 2011
learning kits provided to students at Dr. Reginald Mayo Early Childhood School
WOMEN UNITED BENEFITS
Align your volunteer efforts and contributions.
See Your Impact
Get a first-hand look at how your investment is supporting women and children.
Network with Leaders
Connect with community leaders who share your spirit of philanthropy.
A Global Movement
Join 60,000 women worldwide to create stronger communities.
Attend educational, social and volunteer events with other members.